Not for the land locked

Thursday, August 18

I say comrade...

Today my day went as we (my family) had planned yesterday. I was awoken early around 9 am by a phone call, I didn’t catch the call though I arrived at the scene too late. I was so lazy I went right back to sleep on the closest comfy spot, and slept there for another hour and a half until another phone call awoke me about 10:50 am, this time I was right next to the phone, It was Cielle. I had to eat lunch with my dad and brother at noon so it was a good thing she called me then, or I certainly would’ve overslept like my brother did. SO basically when my dad asked me what I had been up to that morning I said, “Well I woke up, got dressed and now I am here.” Yeah, boy was I busy.

I was in deep thought today, I thought about how cool it is that the way we feel effects what music we listen to and what music we listen to effects how we feel. Then I decided that’s just brushing the surface of how deep I could get in this topic. When I am on the road there is a sense of freedom in me, so I choose, normally, to listen to something that’s free smooth and mellow, maybe spacey, uh, sure. EX: The Magnetic Fields, Neutral Milk Hotel and The velvet underground can be excellent driving music, there is obviously a whole mix of artists that can be devised into a driving mood. Sometimes when you feel upset the only thing that makes you feel better is a happy song (Clap Your Hands Say Yeah!) and maybe if you have something on your mind a slow life-questioning song is in order. Songs can even make you think, I do my best thinking when listening to music and when I am trying to get to sleep and pestering thoughts seep into my mind and tell me all sorts of shit. (It’s all in your mind-Beck)

I’ve noticed the college kids are flocking back into town. While in the grocery store tonight we came upon a dozen or so college kids and their roommates buying beer kegs and such. Knocking on melons to tell if they sound hollow or not has become the knew drum to me. Oh and Cielle and Austin I found out another person who has your birthday, the old lady clerk at the Co-op near my house! She told us about her Betty-bop earrings she had on, add that one to your list.

I have been reading up on my Oregon Scenic Byways, highways and places and have gained a huge desire to go to every one of them from the coast to the snake river from Astoria to Klamath Falls in either a convertable going at 90 miles an hour or a bicycle going 15. That would be nice.

2 Notes:

Blogger LaCie told us...

Although thats very intersting. Please don't solicite on little girl's blogs, thats totally rude and furthermore we really don't care.
-The Granulated Sugar Staff

4:27 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous told us...

yea! posting wierd crap isn't nice! shame! anyhoo, happy songs are good for anything

10:17 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Main