Not for the land locked

Sunday, August 7

Now thats a FAIR time!

(Excuse the many puns) I think I’ve learned my lesson Friday night during a little walk to the fairgrounds, that is to never take a lazy, selfish, little dog on long walks, even if they could use the exercise and beg incessantly. The little dog became dog tired after the first 15 minutes and impolitely refused the free water Cielle had fetched for her (DOG GONE IT!) Cielle and I had the pleasure of carrying her most of the way back. When we reached me street she (Kira-the dog) suddenly gained tons of energy and ran all the way down the street to my house, where she immediately gulped down water.
We wandered by the fairgrounds without any real direction- we couldn’t go in we had no money, and we didn’t know anyone in there worth talking to, I guess the only reason we went was to have a twilight walk and snap a few pictures of the Ferris wheel. OH yeah and to get frustrated we didn’t spend more time at the fair this week.
We did go to the fair though, the very next day with our friends Lissy and Kailey, and some guy Cielle and the rest knew but I had only met once before, great! I met them all there at six, two hours after they had arrived. It was our local county fair, with its crazy rides, rodeo, live performances, dancing, animals, art and things exhibits, food and animals.
I tend to get woozy on really fast spinning rides, and ones that make your guts implode, but that was not the case then. It usually was one fast exhilarating ride after another, until I got extremely thirsty, and Cielle told me I was a party pooper. Ah but hey Cielle you got to meet a really cute guy, NOW am I such a party pooper? We went to get the water, and my mom dragged all four of us near the dance floor to meet this 18-year-old swing dancer who needed a partner, and to think all I wanted was water. On most of the rides Kailey and Lissy did all the screaming, yet I still had a sore throat after the fair, not to mention deafened ears. Cielle and I really wanted to go on the Ferris wheel, because it was at night and all the lights on the rides were lit, the view from that tall Ferris wheel would’ve been a grand one. We didn’t get that chance though, the line twisted back a ways past another ride it would’ve taken us all night to get halfway through that line.
One ride that was new to me, was the orbiter and it simulated (as I would say) getting sucked into a black hole, by spinning around at astonishingly fast speeds, for a rickety, truck delivered ride (Now that makes the ride sound extremely unsafe). Think of a merry-go-round gone absolutely insane. It actually was very fun, maybe not right after going on the upside down, throw-your-stomach-into-your-brain ride, but definitely gravity defying. We left after Lissy and Kailey at 10:50pm after petting other people’s animals and making fun of an out-of-place sheep. Another fair come and gone.

PS; If I missed anything, feel free to post about it Cielle.