Not for the land locked

Wednesday, August 3

The seeds of change!

This morning I woke up about an hour earlier then I have been the past few days (11:00) and found that I had the house to myself for a few hours. Naturally I put on my Tiger Trap and Talulah Gosh Cd's, and danced around my house, making Macaroni and cheese (we ran out of bowls and I had to eat it out of a cup), and day dreaming of the fun things that are finally going to happen, now, towards the end of summer.

The past two months have delivered, frankly, nothing but boredom, and small thrills here and there. Now, August has brought with it a ray of hope. Lacey and I have made quite a few plans, some definite, and some still up in the air, but it is already infinitely
better then the past month of summer. Among the many things the two of us had scheduled are:
• Going to the fair here in Corvallis a few times riding rides and usual fair stuff, and seeing if any of the pictures we entered have won any ribbons.

Going to the beach, walking around Newport, and sailing around the bay in Lacey's family friend's boat.
Maybe doing something for my birthday (the 10th, also my brother's birthday) and if not, it's still my birthday, and that just makes it fun.
We may go to the Bite of Oregon too see the Decemberists and the Violent Femmes, but we'll see how that goes.
Taking a 5 day trip to Salmon Idaho (15 hours one way) where we will do all kinds of stuff, swim in the river, ride horses, and generally frolicking around, not to mention that really long car ride! I cant wait!
Along with all these things, there may still be small trips to the beach, and around the area, camping, and maybe riding a train, who knows.

Along with the change from bored to not, came the excitement of remembering my dreams. For along time now, I have not been dreaming, or just not remembering if I had or not. Recently I have started to have frequent and vivid dreams, and I am thrilled by this! It seems that I have one or two exciting dreams almost every night. Among these dreams are some nightmarish dreams about a huge wind storm,
early 1900 duels, and gong back to school. Last night I had a dream that I found the small egg in the nest outside my window in my room and then trying to put it back before it's parents knew it was missing. But by far my favorite dreams of the last few weeks have been, adventures of having stigmata, and an advertisement for "the only cigarette that can withstand 332 pounds of glass!" I'm sold!