Not for the land locked

Tuesday, July 26

Too Dang Hot!

It is very hot here in Oregon, as it is all over the country. Today it reached 98 degrees, and is expected to reach 100 something tomorrow, and I'm sure it's also hotter elsewhere. If anyone reading this from outside of Corvallis wishes to tell us how hot it got where they are, please post a comment and tell us, the person in the hottest area gets our sympathy, and words of encouragement to help withstand the heat! To get yourself through the heat you need a plan. Our plan, keep yourself busy, and cool. In addition to keeping you cool, running in a sprinkler is also extremely fun, so do that as much as you can, and remember, your never to old to run in a sprinkler (Also pools are nice, but I prefer swimming in a lake, or river). Lacey and I had a nice time in the sprinkler yesterday, putting it under the trampoline. We got quite a lot done yesterday as a matter of fact. We slept on the trampoline (before putting a sprinkler under it), rode bikes, climbed trees, and embroidered our shoes! Yes, embroidered shoes. I got so fed up with people having the same shoes as myself, that I decided to put crazy string on mine. I've been wearing my black and white check Vans, since I was in the 5th grade, but I guess it was only a matter of time before the idiot kids at my school found them. I have given up on tyring to stop lame kids from buying Converse, with all those different colors, availability, and advertising, the Emo kids (and even Abercrombie kids) were bound to find them. A true Converse wearer gets black or even dark blue high tops. Anywho, back to embroidering. Lacey and I did that Sunday night, and they look pretty neat. As well as embroidering, I also did some more painting. Like you saw in my last post, I painted Nessie, and now I have done Sasquatch. Its the second in my line of three, the theme is urban legends, next is the Yettie.

4 Notes:

Anonymous Anonymous told us...

Yeah, its hot, but it seemed cool to a girl who has been to Texas for a week, with all that humidity. I take pride in my stitches, but yours turned out wilder, its much neater. What about all those Urban legends we heard in the Telegraph Hill movie, you going to draw those?

9:26 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous told us...

you are a very talented painter. the yetty's expression tells a tale of lonleyness and lost picnic baskets. i would like to buy one!

6:25 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous told us...

Snazzy work on the shoes. I'm waiting for the "emo trend" to fly over. It better be soon 0_o
Wonderful work on the Yettie painting by the way. Have you be any chance read the book "In Me Own Words: The biography of Bigfoot"?

8:53 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous told us...

You know, I have, quite funny

11:44 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Main