Not for the land locked

Thursday, July 28

Lacey! You've got some painting to do!

We started a big project this week in my household-painting our kitchen and family room a wonderfully beautiful shade of white also known to us, the consumer as, Divine white. It actually isn’t much of a white more of lightened beige, but the name works. Cielle’s family was working on a painting project but on a much larger scale.

My dad and I were the star-crossed ones we got to do all of the preparation work, while my mom worked, and my brother (who was extremely busy-we did not want to bother him) was in a deep sleep after his usual all night computer game fiesta. My dad and I, after pulling off a window valence from the wall, came across giant holes and not one but many, where the wall hinges were, that held the valence up. I thought, “Oh God! What a shit load of giant holes” but saying that really didn’t help the situation, so I got out the plaster surely that would help. These holes weren’t carefully made, they were just large holes in a wall that were either punched or stabbed to form a hole big enough for some fancy plastic hinges. I think my dad was a bit upset with the construction of those holes, and that instead of painting the wallboard the builders laid down the flowery wallpaper and left it as it was, which if you want to replace the wallpaper it makes for much more arduous work. After rigorous preparation work and finding a bunch more punched holes in our wall, instead of cut, we got to work painting. Dirty white walls became clean white walls, and the ugly pale ceiling became a bright white ceiling. All that’s left is to add the crazy metallic finish-and ta da-its done.

Since we were painting the kitchen we had no where to prepare food, which led to us going out to eat lunch, besides we had been painting all morning and didn’t want to cook. We went to Burger King and got a quick array of hamburgers, we were at the drive through and the little man in the box exclaimed, “pull up to the window.” My dad then shot back at the box and said, “But I don’t want to.” And the little man responded, “Have it your way.” I thought it was a pretty clever remark, seeing that that is their slogan.

Post script: The title-Yesterday I neglected my painting duty and went to Cielle’s, but what luck! Today I got twice as much painting done then I ever thought possible.