Not for the land locked

Saturday, January 21

Eugene

I just had a fun-filled visit to the land of Eugene OR. I enjoyed the drive up, looking at the flooded golf courses and farms, and wishing about a million times over that I had my camera. I wanted to stop at "Johns SCANDALIZIAN Books and Gifts" in Junction City. At an intersection, there was a chicken on the road side strolling along, possibly wild, it wasn't paying much attention to cars. At a car lot in Junction city, someone was test driving one of the display trucks and so, instead of having "SALE" it said "ALE" It was just too great. Of all the trucks they needed to drive the one holding the "S". All of that was in Junction City.
My dad always makes fun of Eugenes disability to have organized areas. I don't know why he has to, its Lane county's problem, its just really funny. The reason we went to Eugene today was so my mom could get proper dancing shoes for her Contra dance tomorrow. We spent a half hour looking for this place called Backstage, and find it near an REI. The moment I walk in with my mom, I see these girls in all black with bold eyeshadow and stern faces. They giggled like demons! It only took me four seconds to realize how terribly snobby they were, also that they probably have made this store their alternate hangout to the school auditorium. It did look similar to a backstage. Being in that store made me feel uncomfortable, all of the girls in there looked at me as if I had no stage skills, and I don't really, and I think they were holding it against me. They avoided standing around the area I was. I don't understand stage kids.
On the way out of town we were stopped by a train and thus waited a while for it to pass, during this time a strange lady made a couple of unsure paths around the cars in front of us. She seemed incredibly lost, she'd start off one way and continue, stop, turn and go another way, repeat. She finally came up to the edge of the rail tracks and waited until it passed making quick sudden glances in the direction behind her. I watched her very closely mainly because there wasn't much else to do, but she was interesting.
And I recall forecasters had said this weekend was to be dry with maybe showers, but instead, today on the way home from Eugene it rained hard, without end.

1 Notes:

Anonymous Anonymous told us...

Yeah, Eugene, ha ha ha..

Benton > Lane, Lane > Linn

Drama kids, who needs them? Don't they know.. THEATER IS DEAD.

11:05 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Main