Not for the land locked

Wednesday, October 12

Clap Your Hands Say Yeah!

True to my promise, I'm writing, and once again, I only find the time
to write because I am not at school. I'm staying home today, because I
got my braces off. It does seem a silly reason to stay home, but I
need a break from school, and my two appointments take up about half
of the school day.

Well now, to the Clap Your Hands Say Yeah I should have posted about a
week ago.
So, earlier this summer, I heard that the band was coming to the W.O.W
hall, which was great, because it is closer than Portland (where we
usually see shows), and it was a hell of a lot cheaper, only $8 as a
matter of fact. We were pretty excited to see the band, after becoming
big fans over the summer. We got through a day of school, went to
Lacey's house, and after sauerkraut burgers, and piano lessons, got
picked up my parents, then back to the house, to drop off sick, grumpy
Dad, and we were off. The ride down was pretty basic, all though we
did see two good examples of small town entertainment. First was a
young looking kid in a huge puffy jacket, riding a very strange
looking 6 wheeled bike, with a very blank, open mouth expression (I
guess you'd have to be there) We also say a boy, probably in high
school, walking down a dimly lit road, driving a little remote
operated car.
Well any way, when we got into town, we made a quick stop to pick up
my brother, take a tour of his new house (interrupting him from the
movie he was watching ), listen to the "best song ever",
stare at the stars plastered on my brother ceiling (very well done),
and enjoy a cup of black coffee, while chatting about some stuff,
generally concerning life.
Then, finally we when to the show, missing the first band (one of 4),
which didn't matter, they sounded terrible. This gave us time to walk
to a nearby gas station to use the ATM, and Wait for my brother's
friends.
We used the cash from the ATM to buy some pretty great shirts, mine
is the one that you can see on the website, in the asphalt color.
Lacey's is a brilliant blue shirt, that frankly states "Clap Your
Hands Say Yeah", genius!
The first act we actually got to see, was a band from Portland
(Austin, help me out with the name), consisting of a drummer,
violinist, a shared keyboard, and a prerecorded tape. They were a
bit boring, but I enjoyed it. I especially liked when the drummer
blindly navigated through the crowd, playing a small kids accordion.
Then a break, that gave us time to get closer to the stage (that did
not really work) and get situated. They opened with "the Skin of my
Yellow Country Teeth". Their performance was a bit mediocre, they
played a few new songs, played a few songs off the CD, but never played
Upon the Tidal Wave of Young Blood! This really pissed everyone off,
especially my brother for some reason. We left before the next band (the
National) played, but heard they weren't that good. Then we made our
trip home, listening to an indie pop mix, and almost hitting a skunk.
Over all I had a pretty good time (other than the absence of
everyone's favorite song), I got a cool shirt, got to stay out late on
a school night, I'm not complaining.



Also, to anyone who hasn't noticed the little advertisement at the top
of the side bar, I suggest you give that a click, and vote for the
cool shirt I designed!

2 Notes:

Anonymous Anonymous told us...

The opening band was Talkdemonic.

-Austin

5:12 PM

 
Blogger LaCie told us...

Thats right!

5:23 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Main