Not for the land locked

Monday, September 26

Being Sick is No Fun, But it Helps Me Get Things Done

I think its gonna be like this for a while, that is, me not posting for
weeks, and then Lacey yelling at me through the comment feature. I'll bring
this up again, that recently I have had nothing to blog about, and no time
to blog about it. That being said, I write now because I had quite an exciting weekend, and now have time to write about it because I am home sick
with a cold (probably a result of the exciting weekend) I think a good part of my blogging for a while will be about the weekend, seeing as school, unlike summer time, offers few thrills (or at least that's how I feel right
now). The mildly exciting things happening at school right now are, Robotics, Spirit week, sometimes neat music in the quad, and new art
projects. My newest project is a giant model of a record, sleeve and all.
(I'm planning on modeling it after the Velvet Underground and Nico, which presents a challenge, I don't know what the back of the cover, or the label
on the record looks like, so if anyone owns a copy, or has access to a picture, please e-mail that to me, it would really help!) I like my sculpture class, other than a slightly annoying girl who thinks she knows everything about art. You know the type, constantly giving dramatic, taboo
advice, and wearing shirts expressing her opinion on the environment, and most of the time, reeking of tofu.

So, to my exciting weekend that offered me no rest.... On Friday night I had
some friends over to watch Harold and Maude, this did not go well. Its not
that they (Maddie, Wes, and Rob) did not like the movie, they just did not shut up! So when the movie was over, what seemed to be an eternity of the babbling 3, we went outside, and ran around in the dark. (I got some good
pictures of this, they are on Flickr if you want to see). After
that we had a little time to play speed Scrabble before everyone had to go home. The next morning I got up around noon, ate some eggs, and finished my
book (Kurt Vonnegut's Slaughter House Five) and started a new one (Venedikd
Erofeev's Moscow to the End of the Line). Then, after a lot of hectic
planning, and a stop at Safeway to buy mints with a hundred dollar bill, Lacey and I met up with 3 from the night before (Maddie, Wes, and Greg) and
were immediately scorned for being so late. We had planned to meet at Central park and go to the Fall Festival, but plans changed after immediately finding our recently re-Corvallisite friend Val, her brother Andy, and Friend James (who none of us had ever met, and were visiting from Beaverton for the weekend [He seemed very nice]). The group of 8 declared the festival boring and made our way to American Dream Pizza where we spent half of our time down town waiting for our pizza, and playing God with a bug I found on my arm. After that we did what we came for and wandered around
the Festival, Buying bees wax items, wandering around the momentarily
abandoned basement of the art center (quite a trip for Val and her brother
who often spent time down there before they moved to Beaverton), and stopping and chatting with all the familiar faces. After we got our fill of the festival we dropped Lacey off, and I read for a while before Greg came over, to go See the complete works of William Shakespeare (abridged). When
we got there, we found that it was sold out, reserved tickets for the next
night, and went home. Greg and I decided to watch Rushmore. The next day was one of those days where you don't do much but under certain circumstances, seems like a lot. I spent the first part of the day grocery shopping with my mom. Now that's not bad, but for 3 hours, with a horrible cold? I ended up
not eating anything until 3:00 p.m. but when I did eat, I treated myself to chicken vegetable soup, a fresh peach, chai tea, and home made apple cider. Then, I rested for a while. Then off to see the play with Greg. I was hoping to watch Immortal Beloved with Lacey that night (for piano lesson homework) but that didn't work. Forgive me for not writing a lot about the play,
because after this I have to write a review of it for extra credit. But I will tell you that it was very funny, and you should see it when it starts
touring again in November. So that practically leads us to now, staying home with this cold, and finally blogging.

P.S Some stuff to look into.
My Flickr pictures
Facebook (for High School) Join and be Lacey friend and mine!
Bag and Baggage Productions. Get on the mailing list, and get the dates for
the complete works of Shakespeare (abridged), then go!

Go see
Clap Your Hands Say Yeah at the W.O.W Hall in Eugene, Oregon on October 4th

3 Notes:

Blogger LaCie told us...

Far from, but thank you claire.

4:39 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous told us...

who is the annoying girl in your art class?

6:33 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous told us...

OH YEAH!
Are you bieng as sarcastic as I am?

4:42 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Main