Not for the land locked

Wednesday, May 11

My trip to Portland!

So, I just got back from Portland, it was a very enjoyable trip, on the whole, even though I was only there for 3 hours. Well, before I went to Portland, I had to go to school. School today was actually quite pleasant, it was only half the day because today was the home track meet. So all of our classes were shortened, and in a jumbled order, that the school board thought made sense. In most classes we just sat and talked, because were did not have enough time for an actual lesson plan. So I left to go to Portland at 1:30, as opposed to the usual 2:30. On the way up we listened to The Beatles, Neutral Milk Hotel, and The Smiths. When we got into town, we had an hour to burn so, I went to Finigans and bought a harmonica (in C) and a small rubber tapir (you know, the thing that looks like an aardvark). After that I went to my weekly thing that involves playing the bass and eating Ohdwalla bars (it went well). When that was over, we drove home, on the way back we listened to The Decemberists, Belle & Sebastian, and the Postal Service. Yes, it was a lovely trip, short, but lovely.


P.S
Thank you to the couple in the car behind us, who flipped us off. You had every right to, you were tailgating us, when we were going 5 miles over the speed limit, I guess that’s not fast enough for you.