Not for the land locked

Tuesday, May 10

Tuesday. Obviously

As drug out as Mondays tend to be yesterday was even more so, what with the heavy rain and gray sky ominously laying overhead all day. Lunch was again for the second school day in a row miserable indoors. School went as normal, but during PE our college student substitute seemed to have lost track of his mind, he was entranced by the dodge-ball game, and was remiss in his duty to check on the students he allowed outdoors. I sat out in the dismal gray outside under an overhang all period, not once noticed or pestered to do some meaningless physical education.
Later at guitar lessons my teacher taught me so many useful notes I was able to play a song. For Emily by Simon and Garfunkle D, C,G,E, A (all in major) repeat , quite simple. I also learned Yolanda Girl by none other then the Beatles. After practicing I was somewhat forced to show him my compositions on our new keyboard. So I did this, and I was rather surprised of how excited he became over the two songs I had him listen to. He kept nodding his head, smiling gaily, and tilting his head back as to take it all in. I also notice his heels were once completely lifted of the floor and then quickly placed back firmly on the floor.


He also kept saying , "Ah yes, this is like the new age music, bum bum bum, yes, very soothing." Then "this is the kind of music I put on in order to fall asleep." I wasn't sure if I should have been pleased by this comment, or angered. I was over all delighted by his enthusiasm, but it was a tad abnormal for a grown man of 60+.



Today, you heard it below that's the news. Although today's lunch was a bit more exciting, you see, our friend was DJ for our lunch and so we were able (even though it wasn't allowed) to eat our home-packed lunches in the radio room with him. Though it was a small room, it pleased us to be in a different space, secluded from the children banging around in the cafeteria and signing up for football.