Not for the land locked

Sunday, May 8

OH Ludicrous.

Enjoy!
The biggest thrill I received all weekend was seeing the movie E.T. for the first time. I can't believe it was my first time either, I knew all about it but had never seen the whole thing. And this upsets me because both of my brothers were E.T. fanatics as well as Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles extremists. Out of all the moments throughout my childhood I had the chance of watching it, while my brothers were day and night, I never took a glance at it. I huddled in the shadows of the dark T.V room and thought it was the scariest movie anyone could ever dream of watching, so now I feel fulfilled for watching the whole shebang, but at the same moment, can't see why my brothers enjoyed it so.
I did watch it with one of my brothers, (Brandon) he gets very excited, very quickly and very easily and as we concentrated on the television screen, I would turn my head to him at random moments and see him cringing with excitement, tongue-tied and giddy. It was all so funny, my brother and the movie together made a whole new show, like Mystery Science Theatre, all over again.
He refused to watch the remastered version of E.T. on the DVD so we watched the original version, which in his and my taste is the better of the two. I've heard and seen for myself what they secretly do in the remastered versions of older movies, and it sometimes helps and sometimes ruins it for the whole. In the E.T. remastered version, they replace the machine guns with walkie-talkies and I find this to be mysteriously odd, why would they need to do that, is it at all necessary? That was the biggest unnecessary change I noticed between the remastered and the original. It's exactly like the digitally remastered elements in the Star Wars films; they take out all the old ways of special effects and replace it with modern computer imagery. In Star Wars episode 1, they change the giant Jaba the Hut into a newly computerized Jaba, who looks completely out of place, in the scene when Han Solo is talking to Jaba the Hut about a ship. But I believe they make remastered movies to get you to buy this new enhanced version of beloved movies.
Also while at Hollywood video collecting, well, videos, we (my bother and I) spotted, a large group of movie-loving college students. They looked at every new release, recent release and any other movie on high display, and gave it their personal rate, out of 5 stars. Even kids movies such as, The Series of Unfortunate Events and National Treasure, they rated, horror, Drama, Comedy, old an new, bad and good, it seemed they had seen every movie in the store, So now I still ask myself why were they there, if they've already seen it all?

1 Notes:

Anonymous Anonymous told us...

E.T. is good!

11:07 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Main