Not for the land locked

Wednesday, July 6

Jack Be nimble, Jack be quick.

I bet I could jump over a candlestick. Today, on impulse, I picked up a hula-hoop and began twirling it like you’d probably twirl a baton and went out into the street and marched around with it whirling about. I was then taken into the not much-visited world of marching bands. I was the leader twirling the baton and wearing the fancy coat, tall hat and all, but actually instead of a nice gold-leafed baton it was an old plastic white-striped hula-hoop, and instead of a flashy uniform I had on a not-at-all flashy T-shirt and pants. I was doing quite well with it, I managed to keep it spinning in my hand for a while and was able to flip it back and forth from side to side doing a crazy spinning motion with it. I can twirl a hula-hoop like a baton better than I can use it for its set purpose, a hula-hoop. I was using it somewhat like this little one is here:

hulagirl 6
Originally uploaded by Meticulouslymeddling
.
I don’t much do things on impulse, and that wasn’t a good example at all really, of what sort of things one might be urged by feeling to do. When I do something on impulse its really thrilling so maybe I should remember that for the next time. If I did more things on impulse I would have a lot more things to talk about, it would be a worth while conversation starter. Here may be an example:

Me: So you ever done anything on impulse?
Someone: That’s what I love doing.
Me: One Fall, I jumped off a roof into a giant pile of leaves.
Someone: Omigosh, did you hurt yourself?
Me: don’t worry it was a one time Jackie Chan sort of stunt, and the house was only one story.
Someone: Wow you’re neat, impulsive people rock, as long as the impulse is not to rob a convenience store or shoot somebody.
Me: thanks, and no way.

That’s a pretty swell example, take notes.
Also if people did more things one impulse a lot more things would be accomplished, more people would spend their time doing not thinking, and maybe a lot more people would wind up getting hurt, but hopefully just the first scenario. Sometimes if you think about things you want to do, or say, or ask, too hard and too long you’ll miss your chance to do, or say, or ask, those things at all.
Take my mom and dad for an example, they need to buy tickets for Texas, haven’t yet, and we’re planning to leave on July 18th. They were going to buy them in early June but hesitated, and procrastinated waiting on my brother for him to decide if he would go or stay. Its been a week since his decision (No, if you were wondering) and my parents still hesitate to buy.
Early June: $240 – July 6th: $450
That’s a bit much. Tonight they plan to, “bite the bullet” as my dad said.

So now I take this little true-life story and translate it for the wanting eye into my attempt at motivate babble. This story proves waiting for an answer or even a sign to tell you what to do won’t get you very far you have to just do it, say it, ask it, it’s a much better system of getting things done.

As Nike says “Just do it” and they mean it, and I mean it.

4 Notes:

Anonymous Anonymous told us...

you sound lihe a very impulsive person. you should post the words to one of your songs.

6:02 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous told us...

who is "Ellen Arcorich"?

6:04 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous told us...

I have posted one, read previous posts, read previous ones mick!

Thats Cielle's anagram name.

7:16 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous told us...

Yeah

Cielle Charron = Ellen Arcorich

Figure it out Mick!

7:24 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Main