Not for the land locked

Tuesday, July 11

A short post that could be long but then people would ignore it, as they will anyway

I made the annual trip to my Gramma's house in Idaho a week ago. The ride was long but enjoyable and as always we went through rural Montana and we discussed residents' big car obsession. Also their liking of strip malls and box stores. I hadn't spent Independence in Salmon Id. for a while, and I forgot that people there are close enough to Montana that everyone must have illegal professional fireworks. SO everyone had at least 50. The people in the field in front of us, shot off roman candles on a frequent basis. They'd light one, it go up and BOOM, then they'd light a ground sparkler and the pattern continued. Nothing really interesting comes out of Salmon visits, except this time there was a murder! It was big, for a small town. A bartender came out to stop a bar fight and he, repugnantly, got stabbed in the neck. He died, people cried, and 9 years of zero murder's broken (and while we were there, right then? Hey!)
Sandpoint's lake is nice. Pend Orielle? Pend d' Oreille? Ponderay? They had several spellings, all of these were considered correct by citizens.
Lately: drive-ins, train rides, parades, dance, drivers Ed, plans.
About Dance Dance Revolution 3, my oldest brother bought this game for his girlfriend but he ended up keeping it. My younger brother now plays it constantly and for his stature I really don't see him excelling in it. He surprised me though, by getting a substantial score on a difficult song. The funny thing is, he's been working on it for weeks, and when he accomplished the task he freaked out, hugged me, and told me, "Don't touch the pad, take a PICTURE!" and went to brag to my older brother (he was impressed too). Yeah, Whatever.
In the past week I've gotten two free coffee samples from two different coffee companies. One was the new tangerine thing at Starbucks, and the other an, Oreo mocha from Seattle's Best. I am caught between which one I like better. Um. Yum.

1 Notes:

Blogger Claire told us...

well i think it's safe to say that the only way to get good scores on dance dance revlution is to sit on your butt, and take two pads and have a freind do the other two. it's really the only way.

8:08 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Main